Aion available!!!

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

default Re: Aion available!!!

Post by Game Nurse on Tue 28 Jul - 19:04

Wow, that actually seems kinda fun!!

I really hope that some annoying kids decide to go on a gank-fest. It would be super fun to go after them and have my name announced as the killer! And a buff around the dead body, now THAT would be cool. I can just see us all running to find the dead body to get a free buff!!!

lol

I am looking forward to this game more and more... it just is sounding better and better. And I am really hoping the version we get, which is - what - 3 patches from now, will get better sound effects and nicer interfacing and the quests read a little more like they do in GW, namely, amusing and interesting and have proper grammar.

*sigh* only 2 months until it comes out!!!

n
Game Nurse
Lord

Female
Number of posts : 426
Registration date : 2008-05-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Godzuki on Tue 28 Jul - 22:05

I played a game a few years back called Silkroad (terrible game by the way, don't bother with it) with my buddy. Similar to Aion and Lineage (according to you guys), everywhere was pretty much a PvP area. However, you didn't have to participate in PvP if you did not wish to. They had this "cape" system, where capes were sold by a merchant NPC in several colors. I don't remember the exact colors, but it was something like orange, blue, red, and black. The capes provided no stat benefits of any kind but equipping the cape allowed you to attack anyone else that was wearing a cape of a different color (except black capes I think, which were basically free-for-all) as well as allowed anyone to attack you.

I'm sure a system like this would disappoint the mannerless cult of kids who gank other players for fun, but it would definitely bring some sort of balance. Since capes were only sold in the first main town, newbies who wouldn't even know what they were for wouldn't have access to them. Oh, and capes required a level of 15 to be equipped, and anyone by that level would have stepped out of town and watched level 70+ throwing fire balls and meteors at each other and should know what they're for anyway.
Godzuki
Knight

Male
Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2008-04-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tamuril on Wed 29 Jul - 10:35

Remember it well, awful, awful game!!!! (shudders)

Tam
tamuril
Shield Bearer

Male
Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2008-03-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Trytan on Thu 30 Jul - 20:45

These anti-ganking measures seem like kind of a neat idea to me. I'm still going to take a wait and see approach on whether I give this game a shot or not, artistically it just doesn't look like my cup of tea.

I'm also leary on playing a true MMORPG where I would have to deal with the game population all the time (listening to the All chat channel in some of the more populated American district outposts in GW is bad enough lol). I like that Guild Wars has instanced missions and explorable areas. Spawn camping and ganking are something I don't think I would enjoy seeing at all.

If reviews are good and everyone seems to be enjoying it, maybe I'll try it out for a month or two and see whether it can catch my attention or not.
Trytan
Knight

Male
Number of posts : 152
Registration date : 2008-08-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2