Going away

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

default Going away

Post by Danny on Wed 16 Sep - 11:59

I am leaving the guild. This may dissapoint some people, irritate some people and some people may not care at all. I have anxiously awaited the coming of September and the return of those gone for the busy summer months. I could wait longer but I do not see the robust guild we once were on the horizon.

I do not mean to recriminate, I am as guilty as any and more than some. I just do not have it in me to organize and lead, sorry.

I do not have a guild in mind, but it is wrong [in my mind] to belond to one group while searching for another.

Thank everyone for their support and friendship. I would have quit the game all together within a month of owning it, if not for people like we have here. I never thought I could integrate into the culture, but you all made it easy for me...or least less terrifying Wink . Good luck to each of you and good gaming.

Remember it is suppose to be fun and only a game.
Danny
Lord

Male
Number of posts : 236
Other games played : GW2!, Aion, WOW, Lineage II, Runes of Magic, DDO
Registration date : 2008-03-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

default Re: Going away

Post by TIll KIll on Wed 16 Sep - 15:49

WOW guy hate to see ya go but my best goes with you

Till Kill
TIll KIll
Squire

Male
Number of posts : 77
Other games played : LOL I'm doing good to handle GW and you want more
Registration date : 2008-11-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Trytan on Thu 17 Sep - 15:52

Dan, I'm saddened to see that you've left and I can't help but feel that I've failed as co-leader of TCK when a long standing member such as yourself decides to move on.

I've also been holding out hope that once the Fall months rolled in we'd see another spike in activity and things would go back to the way they were. And like you I also had realized over the past few weeks that this wasn't going to be the case. The majority of the people who were the heart and soul of this guild have either moved on or have gone for the most part inactive.

I've had some difficulties in leading and trying to organize, when I first took over I tried a lot more, but being met in guild chat with silence when trying to suggest something or asking if anyone wanted some company got pretty discouraging. For the last while I've just been helping out people when someone has asked.

I don't know what the future is going to look like for TCK, I suppose we're just going to keep going the way we're going until GW2 comes out.....Building up a community like the one we had before is a near impossibility with the way the game is now, and if we were to even come close it would take a lot of work from a lot of people.

Anyhoo Dan, I wish you all the best in finding what your looking for and I hope you'll still keep in touch with us all here through the forums.
Trytan
Knight

Male
Number of posts : 152
Registration date : 2008-08-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pampered One on Thu 17 Sep - 17:12

Sorry to see you go Dan. I know I have been trying to get back in the mood for some time now and it is just not really happening. I am going to force myself to come back for a week and see if that sparks me back to life. Who knows.

Anyhow, good luck with wherever you go and sorry we were not able to rebound to our former days.

G

All murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets.
Voltaire
Pampered One
King

Male
Number of posts : 556
Other games played : Lineage 2, 2 moons, CoH, CoV
Registration date : 2008-02-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Acolyte41 on Fri 18 Sep - 3:23

Yeah looks like you aint the only one.... half our officers just left =/

Would this be a bad time to put in my app.. *cough*
Acolyte41
Knight

Male
Number of posts : 106
Other games played : You name it...
Registration date : 2009-06-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Game Nurse on Fri 18 Sep - 3:50

Take care Dan.
I hope you find what you are looking for.

Trytan-
the death of this guild had NOTHING to do with you. Nothing at all. You are a great player, a great person and very fun to be around. Last year with this guild was an incredible amount of fun. I think it had to do with the right people, at the right time, all moving in the same direction. I wonder if any one of us will ever find that again...?

I know that the people in this guild will always be special to me, and there are some moments I shall certainly never forget.

But sometimes things happen in a specific time and place. Perhaps we will all get together again once GW2 comes out. I know that when it does, I will be hoping and searching for each one of you!!!!

n
Game Nurse
Lord

Female
Number of posts : 426
Registration date : 2008-05-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Game Nurse on Sat 19 Sep - 16:03

And I meant to add Dan...

I am sure I speak for all of us that if you decide to come back (it is a mean world out there), the doors are always open of course...

Maybe drop us a line and tell us how it is going. Or better yet, convince your new guild to join our alliance.

n
Game Nurse
Lord

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny on Sat 19 Sep - 17:28

Well there is good news and bad news. The good news is there are tons of guilds out here recruiting. The bad news is that when you check them out they are more or less in the same boat as TCK.
I am checking one ambitious new upstart that plans on being the largest guild/alliance ever....ahh the wonders of youth, only he doesn't know how to go about it. He has a lot of ideas but lacks the organizational skills or know how. I helped them out with a website but I do not want to be their baby sitter. Besides they are a European guild and their hours are weird. lol

What I really want is a guild where the leader and his wife are really into the game, the social director can talk to a post and illicit a response, and members who log on regularly because they really enjoy the game.......oops that was us huh.....LOL

I am still looking and doing solo vanquishing, a good nurse friend convinced me that all you needed was a good rit and anyone could vanquish [grin]. Anyway, it seems to be working.

I have not forgotten about TCK, I already miss you all. I visit the forum more now than when I was a member.

Take care,
PS, how bout this snazzy new signature, cool huh? LOL
Danny
Lord

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Game Nurse on Sun 20 Sep - 18:36

*smile*

I was admiring the sig line actually!!!

Ah Dan, maybe GW2 will bring about a revival of our own unique version of Cheers. Or maybe that was a time and a place thing.

But either way, see you around the block. And if you run across a toon in your travels named any version of Nurse...drop me a line...of course it could be another nurse who is wondering who the heck is talking to them *grin*
Game Nurse
Lord

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny on Wed 23 Sep - 2:15

I have been playing Aion the last three days. GRIND GRIND GRIND... but it is something to do. I joined a Legion today (same as a guild). The score still out on the Legion, it seems to be a bunch of college kids, the name is Illas Sine Mertos (not real sure about spelling on that last word). It is (if my 1 semester of latin 30 years ago serves me right) latin for Island Without Fear. Good as any i guess. We are all on our own while we get organized and earn money for the legion goodies.

If you are playing Aion and on the Kaisinel server playing Asmodian look me up. My toon is a cute red head named Reddi, she is chanter. Across between a mage and a healer. She doesn't die a lot because she can heal her self....lol. She still has had her fair share of misfortunes, I seem to keep falling out of the air while farming Aether...but I am getting better. [GRIN]

I get my preorder box tomorrow so I can register and get my goodies, including wings for my Guild Wars toons, just an emote but should look cool.

See ya later,
Danny
Lord

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny on Sun 27 Sep - 13:28

Well after a week of Aion I am taking a break from it, the server wait is horrible and they have not got the kinks out of it. I thought it would be great to be on the ground floor, but I kind of like the nice settled, reliable service I get with Guild Wars after 4 years of working the bugs out. Call me impatient Sad . I may revisit it after a few months to check it out, but for me, at this time, it is not a replacement for Guild Wars.
Danny
Lord

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Game Nurse on Tue 29 Sep - 2:47

That is too bad you are having troubles with the game Dan.

I am on a western server, Siel, and have yet to have a wait more than about 5 minutes. If that. But then, as you all know, I play much later at night than most people, so perhaps that is why.

I have not played all that much. An hour here and there. At first I did not like the game much. Not at all. I had MUCH more fun designing my toon, then doing all the emotes and gawking at the scenery. It is truly the most gorgeous game I have ever seen.

But I finally got my first toon to level 10 and ascended. Well. The difference between before ascension and after is amazing. Yeah, I guess it is more of the same, but there seems to be more to do.

I am going to keep plugging away at the game and will let you all know how it goes...

Meanwhile, if anyone would like to come to Siel...give me a shout! You know my name...

Gamenurse *smile*
Game Nurse
Lord

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Game Nurse on Tue 29 Sep - 15:42

Well I hit level 11. Wow I am slow. Half the entire server is at 30 or more already! But it is a grind game, and since I do not have much time (or patience) in grinding, I am doomed to level slowly.

At any rate, I dunno. The game is gorgeous. But the COMMUNITY!! Ick!!!!

I guess PvP attracts that certain type of e-peen stroking behaviour (See?? I am learning Teh Internetz Leet Speek). But at any rate is is very unattractive.

Maybe I am too old to want to listen to nasty fat girl jokes or get into pointless gaming compeititions over who is the most talented player. Talented???? How does it possibly take Talent to mash buttons?????

Bizarre.

And the amount of nasty little boys playing it is horrifying. One girl came on general chat and asked a question, mentioned her husband, and the entire global chat exploded into blatant sexual harrassment when they realized she 'might' be a female (since she could be lying of course and be pretending to be female, a possibility that generated a LOT of nasty talk in itself).

*sigh*

So now I play with chat off, but then I cannot find groups to team with, because since just about everyone who has any common sense turns the general off, the idiots now spam Find Group channels.

Anyways, the more I go out in that big bad gaming world, the more I realize what a special guild TCK is.
Game Nurse
Lord

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny on Tue 29 Sep - 19:18

Leveling up to 20 was easy solo. But trying to find a group is a pain in the....chat. You know how I am with chat anyway and I hate to keep spamming that I am LFG for the Krall quests. Oh well, it was fun and I did manage to make 4 different toons to lvl 19, but I think I will stick with the devil I know.

I joined a guild here, it is KISS. They are quite big and a huge alliance. Their heirarchy (spelling?) is strange but there are plenty of opportunities to join or be joined on quests. They also have a lot of training going on but I haven't seen a lot of it, but its on their website and you can sign up for it. They do a lot of speciality builds and assasin seems to be a popular class, one that I do not particularly prefer, but to each their own.

I have only been with them for a couple of days but everyone seems friendly. The vent is an alliance vent and I find it difficult to find my way around, but mostly I just miss my old guild. [long sigh]

I am working my rit thru factions, I hope to get help getting thru Tenakai Temple tonite, I keeping dying on the 4th or fifth boss. My heroes are leveling nicely tho.... lol

Nurse, be sure to keep up with your gathering, you will need to be a lvl 60 or so for some quest you have coming up. You will also need the materials for your crafting when you choose one. I had to go back at lvl 19 and cather up on my aether gathering before I could go on. With Aether the trick is to gather from a high vantage point. The higher the Aether the more points you get for gathering. I gathered a lot of 1pt before I realized that you could get up to 50pts per gather up high. I worked off the cliffs rather than the ground. Then I would change channels and gather from the new channel, by hte time you gather all the aether in one channel you can switch to another channel and gather some more from the same location. It may sound weird but I went from lvl1 gatherer of Aether to lvl 60 in a couple of hours doing that.

Good luck!
Danny
Lord

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pampered One on Wed 30 Sep - 3:50

Good guild/alliance. I have heard a lot of good things about them. For some reason I seem to remember some one that was either with us or TSK that went there or came from there or went back to them.....name of Selkat something another....or maybe he was someone that played with us some. Might have been a friend of Mary's.....dunno it just kind of all runs together after a while.

I'm not playing anything now....we bought a jeep and are now spending all of our time hunting and mud running and climbing mountains.....odd how 7 years of online gaming has faded into the background so easily. Gotta say I do miss the people though. You people Smile

G

All murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets.
Voltaire
Pampered One
King

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny on Thu 1 Oct - 0:43

Glad for you, sad for me.

Its good that you are enjoying yourself, sounds like a lot of fun. I do miss your witty interchanges with Nursey and your company.

I am slow getting to know people at KISS but I started slow at TCK too. Of course they have a lot to measure up to, TCK was the best and will always be home,
Danny
Lord

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Game Nurse on Thu 1 Oct - 4:21

That is fantastic Gunter!!!

How healthy and busy for you guys!!!!!

Take some pics and post them! But no dead critters please. My heart cannot stand seeing dead critters. Or at least make it so the critters look less dead...

*smile*
Game Nurse
Lord

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny on Wed 14 Oct - 13:53

Well, being the fickle person that I am, I have found another guild. KISS is/was an excellent guild, plenty of advanced players and a great place to learn, especially if you are an assasin. They are so advanced that sometimes they forget about having fun, they were not impressed with my death count...sigh. But while I was in Texas this summer I met a neighbor of my daughter who has been playing Guild Wars since its inception. He heard from my daughter I was searching for a guild and invited me to the alliance AOL (Army of Light). There are several guilds and after chatting with the guild leaders I landed in NUBZ. It is great, fun oriented, and I have no problem finding a group to play with. I am currently working on my EOTN titles and have filled 3 Hero Handbooks in just over a week. We decided last night to try hard mode but the ghosty things in Blood for Blood handed us our heads on a platter. We are each going to some research and see what we can do about them, so far as a warrior I don't seem to be able to do much but I am still looking.

Still miss you guys
Danny
Lord

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny on Mon 19 Oct - 2:17

Probably should start a new topic called Here's Danny....lol

Just wanted to tell you I just finished UW in HM. How cool is that. I went as the only nuker and held my own. Your little boy is growing up. I know Gunter will be proud!! ROFL

It was a lot of fun, we had 8 people and was led by a perma sin tanking. We had a couple of close calls but only a couple of people ever died...and I wasn't one of them!!!!

---juts his chest out, struts across the room displaying his plummage---

[GRIN]

Still miss the old crowd.

As always,

PS Tomorrow we are doing Slavers...how cool!
Danny
Lord

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Acolyte41 on Mon 19 Oct - 20:13

Yeah i just did FoW HM with some guildies. Took over 2 hours lol. I got to tank Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy ummm yeah and Gunter hasnt been on in over a month =/ he hasnt contacted any of us either =/
Acolyte41
Knight

Male
Number of posts : 106
Other games played : You name it...
Registration date : 2009-06-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Trytan on Tue 20 Oct - 2:24

That's awesome Dan! Congrats! I'm glad to see that you've found a group that you are enjoying. How did Slaver's go?

I'm still waiting on getting an UW and FOW trophy for my HOM....lol think the guild/alliance run through that happened last week was about the 6th time I've missed out on a FOW group. Oh well I guess I've still got lots of time to cross those off the to-do list Very Happy
Trytan
Knight

Male
Number of posts : 152
Registration date : 2008-08-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny on Tue 20 Oct - 2:29

Wellll....
I could tell you how awesome it was and what a blast I had, but that would be BS. Unfortunately real life imposed its ugly head and the leader had to beg out and post pone. We tried any way and were wiped in the second room. But we tried without the buffs that the leader had. We are going to try again later this week (I hope). Question
Danny
Lord

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pampered One on Thu 22 Oct - 4:54

Grats Dan. Glad to see things sparking up for you some. We just got back from Hawaii and I realized halloween was coming. think I might make an appearance.

Pampered

ps Finally made Trytan leader...surprise Mike Smile

Voltaire
Pampered One
King

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Acolyte41 on Thu 22 Oct - 17:23

WHOOO congrats mike! Very Happy