TCK going forward

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

default TCK going forward

Post by Trytan on Fri 18 Sep - 5:16

Hiya All,

Things seemed to be on the turnaround after the GW2 trailer came out but they have seriously nosedived since then. Acitivity is probably at or near an all time low right now and I think we've reached the point where we need to either a) just give up and continue coasting until GW2 comes out, or b) really get working towards rebuilding a community in TCK.

I'd like for anyone to leave their thoughts here on what they want out of the guild and what their GW goals are for the future.

If anyone wants to be an officer and put some work into getting things going around here please let me know. In order to get things bumping around here again it will take a lot of work from a lot more than just one person. We will need to start heavily recruiting again and people will need to take some initiative in forming teams and maybe even organizing the odd event here and there.

I've been guilty of burning out to a degree and being content to just H/H my way through everything for the last little while but I'm willing to give it one last go if anyone is willing to help out a bit. If everyone is content with just continuing in cruise control then I'm fine with that but I'd really like to give it one last shot and try to rebuild TCK to even a fraction of what it was before.

Whether you've been here 2 years or 2 days I'd like to hear your thoughts or any suggestions you may have.
Trytan
Knight

Male
Number of posts : 152
Registration date : 2008-08-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

default Re: TCK going forward

Post by Game Nurse on Fri 18 Sep - 6:41

Ah Trytan, I am so sorry you have been left holding the bag here.

For me, I really have no plans to make GW my nightly game again at this time. I will drop in occassionally just to have fun and to chat if anyone is on, but really, the game has lost its appeal for me.

I played GW every day for almost a year, and I think I have burned out on it. I think I need a little break before going back.

I still love it, but there are SO many other games out there that I have been having fun with, MMO and otherwise. I am a serious strategy game fan, so Dawn of Discovery has been taking a bit of my time and the amazing Empire games, as has Champions Online and I really love Lord of the Rings Online. And inevitably, my time has been really limited lately what with Real Life Stuff.

I would love to see the guild just stay alive. I honestly do not understand why people feel the need to leave. I mean, a friends list is the only tool anyone could ever need. It does not matter what guild you are in, there is only one server and it is easy to all stay in touch. But whatever. If people jump ship, they jump ship. I wish them luck. The player base in general is nowhere near the quality this guild is.

I vote we keep TCK open and available and these forums especially stay up and running so we can stay in touch.

Then when GW2 comes out, we can all hopefully form TCK2 and go from there.

However, if people want to set an evening up here and there for a group fun thing to do, I would be more than willing to join in the fun!! Like a quick mission or some goal that a group can do. Maybe once a week? Or once every other week????
Game Nurse
Lord

Female
Number of posts : 426
Registration date : 2008-05-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Godzuki on Fri 18 Sep - 7:26

I like the idea of moving forward, but in reality, there is only so much we can do at this point. I began playing more often over the summer and at some point I wanted to volunteer for officership to help out Trytan but knowing I'd be back in classes in a week or so, I decided not to bite off more than I could chew. Since I began playing again I've seen many old faces come and go but everyone has pretty much ended the same way (inactive). I, too, was hoping for a turnaround after the GW2 trailer and with the coming of September but it didn't come.

I've tried to form parties, offer help, or even just start random discussions but the Guild Chat has been pretty desolate most of the time. Of the people who still log in regularly most of them just keep to themselves. It'd be great to get these guys active, but in the past, these type of players hardly know the going ons of the guild and don't even check the forum. It's hard to reach these players at all. There's a few of us who have remained active, but it's mostly due to the Alliance and its regular activities. Actually, if it wasn't for them, I probably would not have played much at all when I came back. I'd say we should utilize the Alliance, but what I learned over the summer is that parties and activities were most often formed at late times (for me, early/mid day for Aussies) and of course we hit a timezone roadblock there. There were some activities formed during day time but they were mostly restricted to elite areas.

As for recruiting, it will probably just end up the way it has before. The guild's activity in the past was due to a close relationship between the active players. With new recruits, it's hard to get them into the same type of relationship regardless of how hard you try to reach out to them. Maybe being friendly is too old fashioned. I think this is mostly due to how GW has changed over the years. Nowadays H/H and partying with the occasional friend is how the most players play. Whether that's due to the lack of players or if that's the cause of said lack of players up to debate, but it's hard to deny the fact that GW has become too casual and more of solo game. The only parties I see nowadays are farming teams and people forming parties for Z-Missions/Z-Bounties.

I'd love to see TCK get back on its feet but like most of us here, I don't see myself being able to put in the time and effort with trying and trying to get the guild back up and running with other things going on in real life. For now, I say we take advantage of what the Alliance can offer and try to get the members we never hear from to reach out more. Recruiting heavily at this point will only leave us with more members who don't even know we have a forum let alone each other.
Godzuki
Knight

Male
Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2008-04-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Acolyte41 on Fri 18 Sep - 16:59

Quite honestly I would love to see TCK get in some GvG action. AND KEEP GROWING!

Playing, farming, general PvE is only fun for so long. There is nothing else in this game like pitting 8 brothers against a foreign enemy. Organized, one that knows how eachother is gonna react. Know when someone is gonna run to lift the gate as a ploy, or go off on their own and get killed. (Not saying those are good options but knowing eachother is the only way to do it. Going in as strangers and you are going to get stomped... everytime) I mean its basically the same for any other game that has clans, squads, teams, guilds. You get to know one another. Of course in faster games like Halo its more effective knowing eachothers tendancies (whose going where and for what. Who is a vehicle ***** and who likes to sit on the out skirts by themselves) In a GvG its pretty much the same, a little slower paced but the same basic principles.

About a year and a half ago I headed a rather large alliance (At its peak it touched 1 mil faction and over. I didnt even have factions though so I didnt really have a part in that...) As hard as that is to believe lol In there we rarely did PvE. And if we did it was to get stuff to use in GvG! I realize setting up times and what not to get the ball rolling can be difficult but with some practice im sure we could be great! You only need 8 players and you can scrimmage with any amount. Even against eachother. Its tons of fun and the thing to remember is half the time your playing against that have no idea what they are doing either Maybe do a little guild cleaning? ( I mean 6 months of innactivity? I don't think they are coming back... lol) See where exactly our numbers lie and go from there. Some heavy recruiting, and having an organization about it. Sure activity in GW itself is dwindling but there are still boatloads of players out there. After you recruit someone you stay on them till they have signed up on the forum, vent, etc. That doesnt mean freak out on them and threaten kicking but just a simple notion that its Guild Rules that you sign up on the forums to get a feel whats going on and introduce yourself. Getting these forums more active would be fricken FANTASTIC. Cant tell you how much it helps communication. People can check these while on break from work, while they are away from their computer on their phone etc. Also helps build a "brotherhood" (pardon me ladies Razz ) and im on nearly every night for at least an hour. Im too broke to buy that xbox again and my car just broke down again which is another couple paychecks to be sunk into it. Point being im going to be sticking around for awhile

So personally my vote goes to moving forward. I mean our alliance is relativly active so there is no point in disbanding a large chunk of it. As far as officer goes I dont think ive been here quite long enough to be promoted, only since like may? or March? I dunno really. Anywhooo thats my 2 bits, do what u will with them.

PS: Sorry if some of that didnt make sense, I went back through and did some editing lol
Acolyte41
Knight

Male
Number of posts : 106
Other games played : You name it...
Registration date : 2009-06-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Acolyte41 on Fri 18 Sep - 17:20

Hell actually this may be a little overboard for yall but when I was hardcore into Halo and Chromehounds on the box for clan battles the officers swapped phone numbers, facebook, etc. Easy way to get in touch with one another if we needed an extra player or to see what was going on and why they handt been on for a couple days.

If anyone wants my facebook its

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/jkatona1?ref=profile

Anyone wants my number just ask. (Preferably from Facebook)

Unlimited Txting in US (idk bout Canada. I think so cause ive done it before and hadnt gotten a slap on the bill) And Free Nights (starting at 7 EST) and weekends.
Acolyte41
Knight

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Trytan on Sat 19 Sep - 14:41

Thanks for the replies everyone,

I understand entirely where your coming from Nurse, and I think most everyone here is in the same boat as you are. This game isn't exactly fresh and the majority of people have just lost interest and moved on to other things. I like the idea of using the forum to organize the odd event and try to get the people who have moved on to log in for a night here and there (maybe even just a couple of nights a month) to just say hi and do something fun.

I agree with everything you've said Franc. It would be extremely difficult to build up what we had before. A heavy recruiting effort may bring a few more active name onto the guild roster but it's very difficult to build relationships with new players when our own activity is so low. While the power creep that has gone on in this game, as well as the additions of heros made this game much easier to pick up and play thru by yourself it really has discouraged team play. I remember when Prophecies first came out it was almost a necessity for all but the most meticulous and skilled of players to group up just in order to get through the later missions.

Brawler, I love your enthusiasm, but this guild has always been primarily a PVE guild. Some of us have a bit of interest in PVP, the extent of my interest lies in the odd bit of AB (may give sealed deck a try once it's implemented). When we first joined the DaP alliance there were a few members there that were trying to get a group of people together to do HA and GVG but there wasn't enough interest at the time to do it. Higher level PVP is something that I think would only work on the alliance level. I encourage you to try ressurecting the thread about it on the alliance forum if it's something your interested in.

So basically I guess we'll just keep going the way we are going for the time being. The alliance still has a fairly active community and we should continue to utilize it. I'll stick for the time being to just recruiting through the forums, spam recruiting in Ascalon or Spamadan for the most part doesn't work anyways.

If anyone would like to volunteer for an officer position please let me know. With things the way they are there isn't really much that it would entail anyways. It would just look better if we had a few more active members in the officership, and basically the only responsibilities would be to answer any questions when you're on that people may have, moniter guild chat, and offer assistance to those that need it if you are available.

If anyone else has any thoughts or suggestions please post them.
Trytan
Knight

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Claude Tuwshreads on Sat 19 Sep - 23:14

Well....I fall much closer to the 2 days than 2 years time line. So...I'll speak from that...and my experiences before I got here. I do wish I had been here "back in the days"...but...I wasn't.

Can't add much to the "I've been there, done that (and kinda bored with it)" comments. I've been exploring other games (tell your friends...I'm Batman!)..and as suggested on this forum, I've even spent a little time in the land of DDO (my motto...if it's free, then it's for me!)

I do try to check in at least weekly (or is it weakly?) with the good ole GW, though. I agree with the idea of keeping the guild going. And...I'm also totally against that mass spamming just to get names to build the roster. I've joined a few of those guilds over the years (usually just to stop people from whispering to me constantly "are you looking for a guild?" in town while between guilds)...and for the most part, you get exactly what you'd expect from those guilds. I usually can only stomach those for a few days until I toss my cape in their moat and slip away into the night.

I understand why people leave guilds, and have never had a problem with it. I've often said that "At last count, there are 6,320,253 guilds out there, and if this one isn't the right one for you, good luck finding the one that is". (Doesn't mean I like people leaving, I just never get upset over it. I've had GL's that took it personally.)

Definitely not interested in GvG, so glad the plan is to stay PvE. I have enuff trouble with that as it is. Wonder if they make a PvS (player vs self)?

Hmmm...what else? I agree that having officers on board does make the members feel the guild is still surviving...so...(I can't believe I'm typing this) if ya need/want another officer, and you think I have any of the skills you're looking for...well...I've done it before (too many times to count)...and I could do it again. (I really like the gold trim you get on your cape when you become officer.) However, if I haven't been here long enuff...or haven't spent enuff time in game...that's cool too. (Red dots don't care if I'm an officer or not...) I'm still more than willing to help ya out anyway I can...

Guess that's enuff babble for now!

Shield Bearer

Male
Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2009-07-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Game Nurse on Sun 20 Sep - 3:17

(whisper)
Claude, the cape looks the same for everyone. Sorry...... Ixnay on the Golday.
Game Nurse
Lord

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Claude Tuwshreads on Sun 20 Sep - 3:20

Well...that's okay...as long as I still get the gold epaulets...

Shield Bearer

Male
Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2009-07-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Trytan on Sun 20 Sep - 15:18

lol, thanks you so much for volunteering Claude. You haven't been in TCK that long and we often seem to log in at different times. But you've always been friendly and courteous to other members and you check the forums regularly. Thats really all we need from officers at this point going forward, people who are friendly and helpful and that still log into the game a couple times a week.

As far as skill is concerned, with the number of toons you have I'm sure you have a far vaster knowledge of playing all the professions than I. I often just grind through everything with my main warrior toon while all of my other toons have been abandoned at level 10 or have been relegated to mule status.

I probably won't be on much (at all) this weekend. Had a very busy day yesterday and today is even busier, my wife and I are celebrating our anniversary today, suppose I should probably pay some attention to her today (I'm just glad I at least remembered it this year Wink ) So if I see you on this week sometime I'll discuss things with you briefly and give you one last chance to rescind your offer, before locking you in to a lifetime of gruelling thankless work. Laughing
Trytan
Knight

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Game Nurse on Sun 20 Sep - 18:30

Claude Tuwshreads wrote:Well...that's okay...as long as I still get the gold epaulets...

The epaulets fray really quickly, especially with all the people grapsing onto you to get your attention. And if you are going to go on about the gold buttons next...Well......

(whisper)They are gold plated. Gunter is incredibly cheap.
Game Nurse
Lord

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny on Mon 21 Sep - 2:44

Nursey you make coming here a joy!!!

LOL
Danny
Lord

Male
Number of posts : 236
Other games played : GW2!, Aion, WOW, Lineage II, Runes of Magic, DDO
Registration date : 2008-03-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Game Nurse on Mon 21 Sep - 17:12

*BLUSH*

Thanks Dan....
Game Nurse
Lord

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pampered One on Wed 23 Sep - 0:32

I'm not cheap dam nit....i'm thrifty.

G

All murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets.
Voltaire
Pampered One
King

Male
Number of posts : 556
Other games played : Lineage 2, 2 moons, CoH, CoV
Registration date : 2008-02-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny on Wed 23 Sep - 2:02

LOL Laughing
Danny
Lord

Male
Number of posts : 236
Other games played : GW2!, Aion, WOW, Lineage II, Runes of Magic, DDO
Registration date : 2008-03-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Acolyte41 on Wed 23 Sep - 19:37

Hooray Claude! I would have volunteered but the sight of seeing 9 months of inactivity drives me insane and our guild population would probably drop rapidly...
Acolyte41
Knight

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Acolyte41 on Wed 23 Sep - 19:37

BUT if u ever need another one Im here =]
Acolyte41
Knight

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Trytan on Thu 24 Sep - 0:42

Yeah the guild roster is really starting to accumulate some long time inactives now. I'm reluctant to axe people who were once very active, core members of the guild. If it came down to us needing the space because there was a constant influx of new members then it would be a different story.

There are quite a few members that we added during our last big recruitment drive in the spring. People who may have been on for a couple days, never said boo, and have went entirely inactive since. I'll probably go through the roster one of these nights and trim some names off that fall under that category.

I think our roster is sitting somewhere in the mid 80s or so right now, with some trimming I could probably get it down to 60 or so for the time being. In the coming week or so I'm going to put together a recruitment post on a few forums and we'll see what happens.
Trytan
Knight

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Acolyte41 on Thu 24 Sep - 0:50

very nice
Acolyte41
Knight

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jebus on Thu 24 Sep - 21:50

I say just hold it out and keep contact on the forums until GW2 is finally up and running.. I'm willing to sit here and wait for it, I've just lost all interest in GW.

I've been to sign on Fridays and see if I can catch some people doing quests/missions/or just chatting, but never got to it. I guess now is the time to either put up or shut up. So, I'm going to do whatever I can tomorrow to be active and play the game.

Normally after 5 minutes, I remember why I switch to other games cause to be honest.. I'm a very social person. I like to talk to others, and the other games that I play I have plenty of people to associate with. With GW, it just feels dead.
Jebus
Squire

Male
Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2008-09-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Stryder of Argonoth on Tue 20 Oct - 15:16

sorry i haven't been around lately but i do log in from time to time i guess i am waiting for GW2 to come out at this point. as much as i love GW the lack of new content kind of got to me. But I will be back for GW2 count on that.
Stryder of Argonoth
Shield Bearer

Male
Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2009-03-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Acolyte41 on Tue 20 Oct - 19:29

Ugh u people disgust me. GW 2 GW2 blah blah blah. A release date hasnt even been set yet. Killzone 2's first trailer was released over 3 years before beta was released. GW2 isnt going to be out for QUITE awhile. New content is added to GW daily. If GW2 was coming up ANYTIME soon the former game's maintenance would have suffered by now.

I completely understand being bored with GW1 but by the time GW2 rolls around are you really gonna come running back? Idk just something to think about. And no u really dont disgust me twas a joke.
Acolyte41
Knight

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Acolyte41 on Tue 20 Oct - 19:32

<3 u all
Acolyte41
Knight

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Acolyte41 on Tue 20 Oct - 19:45

All im saying is that this "coasting" till GW2 could be a very very very veryyy long time.... Unless a release date for GW2 has been set then im a frackin tard and u can all tell me to shut up haha
Acolyte41
Knight

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Stryder of Argonoth on Wed 21 Oct - 1:06

I haven't seen a mjor update to GW's in a long time. Now comparing that to WoW. Not to mention I have played GW off an on since the beta. And when i am saying new content i mean as dungeons quests and area's show me those new things and maybe i will pull my ranger off the shelf. If not don't go off saying crap like that and expect a joyous reply to your posts.
Stryder of Argonoth
Shield Bearer

Male
Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2009-03-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next