TCK going forward

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

default Re: TCK going forward

Post by Trytan on Wed 21 Oct - 3:17

Alright fellas time to break it up. Mad

Acolyte I see that you were making a semi-joking statement there...but was backpeddling via a triple post really necessary to get that across? And from the looks of it you didn't do a good enough job of convincing Stryder that your comments were mostly in jest. Razz

This game is over four years old, any content that has been added over the last year has basically just been redressing or rehashing of what was already there. With the big update in April all we got was a petting zoo which may have kept some people busy for a few days....I've never even stepped foot in the place. We also got the Zaishen challenge quests and Nicholas farming.....not exactly new content. All those do is give you some added incentive to do the content that was already there and give you a boost towards title grinding.

I would have been bored with this game long ago myself. I started playing Prophecies a few months after it came out but got bored and for the most part quit half way through Factions. On a whim I decided to come back to the game late last year and stumbled upon TCK. The people here are what really drew me back into enjoying this game.

Guild Wars has become more of a title grind to me nowadays. Financial constraints and boredom are the biggest factors that keep me here. That and the light at the end of the tunnel which is Guild Wars 2.

For players that have been playing this game for a long time, grinding is really all there is left to do in this game and Guild Wars was originally hyped as a grind free game. I've never played WoW, but the grinding in that game seems to be level wise meaning you actually see some immediate benefit to it. Grinding in Guild Wars is based on accumulating mostly worthless titles and filling a HoM which will supposedly grant us some sort of benefits for GW2.

Problem is no-one has a clue what those benefits will be. Could you imagine if all the hours put into filling a hall yield you nothing more than some dumb e-peen fluff. Once ANet lets the cat out of the bag as far as the HoM benefits are concerned I think we may see people starting to filter back in GW1 if the rewards justify it.

And I don't think that GW2 is another 3 years off still. The GW2 trailer that came out wasn't just a bunch of CG hype, it contained a lot of in-game footage. ANet has said they will be releasing solid details on the gameplay and game mechanics early next year. I think that means that the beta will likely follow in the months afterwards. They are promising a really innovative approach to an MMORPG and I doubt they would start spilling the beans for the competitors to see until the game was near to release. I'd be surprised if GW2 isn't out by the end of next year.

Wink
Trytan
Knight

Male
Number of posts : 152
Registration date : 2008-08-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Stryder of Argonoth on Wed 21 Oct - 8:15

i agree trytan like i have said i have played since the beta and i have done all the "NEW" stuff still bored. And honestly the grind for titles didn't impress me much. how ever with WoW the titles keep rolling and there is so much to do. I do plan on getting GW2 and staying with the guild through that and playing it as much as possible. And of course keeping up with WoW. I know I know shame on me. I even thought about trying Aion. But don't know if i want to start a lowbie toon on a new game. Since I already have a few established 80's in WoW and have geared them. We shall see what GW2 brings. And I hope to see most of the guild back for that.
Stryder of Argonoth
Shield Bearer

Male
Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2009-03-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Acolyte41 on Wed 21 Oct - 16:36

I did the triple post because after re-reading my original statement I saw how offensive and stupid it kinda was And i really didnt intend it to beeeeee.... And no i wasnt expecting a "joyous reply"
Acolyte41
Knight

Male
Number of posts : 106
Other games played : You name it...
Registration date : 2009-06-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down